I am short by 3 days but still it will worth the try for the month of November…
NaNoWriMo challenges you to write throughout November, piecing together a narrative until, voila! You’ve got a 175-page, 50,000-word novel on your hands. That may sound daunting, but it’s totally doable! In fact, more than 15,000 people did it last year.
If you want to go for it, just follow this simple plan:
- Every day, take a minute to sit down and write a story. You don’t need to have it all planned out, just write.
- Post each delicious literary morsel to your blog and tag it with “nanowrimo08.”
- When you’re hitting a wall, use that tag to check out what others are doing and gain inspiration.
- Go to NaNoWriMo by midnight on Nov. 30 to have your novel verified.
- Print business cards with your new title: Great American (or Indonesian or Argentinian or…) Novelist.
50,000 words to go…