After months of planning, saving up for the downpayment and going through the features of available models, my wife has finally decided and booked a Perodua Viva 1.0 (A) as her first car, bringing an option of having 2nd car for the house.
The reason for her choice is obvious – small car means easier to park and drive. We expect to get the car in the next 2 – 3 weeks and my wife already started to observe me even more closely when I am driving. She is excited and nervous at the same time.
As for me, I am looking forward for my wife having her own car for several reasons
- She does not need to wait for me to take her on errands.
- She can drive up and buy breakfast (or in most cases, dinner) herself.
- She can stop complaining of how I drive.
- She can drive to her workplace instead of walking now.
- She can now understand why I need to spend so much for car accessories.
- I have an alternative transportation in case my car breaks down or at the workshop.
- And the best reason for my wife to have her own car, I can finally take a nap on long drive to relatives’ house.
Just like my wife, I too can’t wait for the new car to arrive…he he