Flashback – 2011
Read past flashbacks (will try to find time to do one for year 2005):-
Welcome back everyone! Hopefully I will welcome you the same in 2013
In 2011, I could only muster 93 posts for this blog – this compared to 206 posts in 2010. Perhaps 2012 may bring more opportunity to put my thoughts on “paper” on a more regular basis. No doubt it is easier to list them for a “flashback” post given the lower number of posts that I can pick from but certainly there were some that worth a second highlight on what have passed us in 2011 and before we start in 2012
- As such as I hate to admit it, year 2010 has to be the year for BN – they seemed to get things just right
- Despite the shortcoming, we should not disregard the the case for PR 100 days plan which they promised to execute if they able to take over Putrajaya in the next elections
- 2011 was the year I finally moved to the world of smartphones – not really an iPhone but something close
- An open letter to Datuk Suret Singh on why we still suck on lowering deaths on national roads
- My car losing it’s braking powers during rush hours – one of the scariest thing that ever happened
- I think I saw that a sign for me to change to a new car– my ride for the past 8 years and multiple improvements (and a still pristine paint work) will be greatly missed
- The great Malaysia Vasudevan passed away – his voice, some say better than SP Bala will remain in our thoughts
- With crisis brewing in the Middle East, it’s high time to review our deep dependent on crude oil and look at more renewable ones
- 2 main expenses for the month but only one I was glad to pay – the security tint on my new car and not the cost of pest control on the termites in the kitchen
- Anwar’s Sex Video cropped up – just adding on the already overloaded dose of spices on the on-going Sodomy Part 2
- My morning prayers that was disbanded later – too bad, my patience ran thin these days
- Japan had a devastating tsunami but more worrying for other countries was the dump of radioactive materials into the sea
- RPK made some interesting revelations – it puts BN back in good light and PR in a bad one
- Sarawak had its state elections – despite the win, not all is good news for BN – certainly things are changing in East Malaysia, fueled by incidents of blatant corruption and grab of native lands
- The worse case scenario for 1Email project – many asked who in the right mind will pay for an email when it is easier to get free ones of the net?
- The Great Guru passed away but not before leaving a string of controversies – which is often the case when religion gurus make their grand exit
- It took them 10 years to do it but the demon is dead– so says US who found the “most wanted man on the planet” in a safe house next to Pakistan Army establishment
- The ugly issue of religion conversion allegations is up again – the problem is, it is up when there are far more important things to consider
- One school system revisited – there is still plenty of work to be done to get our education system in the right path
- I moved my movie reviews to separate blogs – it is more focus but it needs more regular updates
- What constitutes “best car service center”? Here’s my own set of criteria based on almost 8 years of driving and waiting in agony at car service centers
- It was high time for Bersih 2.0 – elections in Malaysia has always been called to be fair and square but there is plenty of room for improvement and the need to plug the huge loopholes
- The fellow who talked a lot was missing from the scene where ordinary Malaysians walked for better election rules and processes
- The royal commission found Teoh Beng Hock were driven to suicide by aggressive interrogation by the MACC – it was not the kind of news that the corruption busters want to have in light with poor perception by the public
- The call for indelible ink rose again – this time with stronger case against the earlier proposed voting using the untested biometric verification system
- Race based resolution is bad news for the country and in late 2011, there is no end to it
- My close encounters with idiots on 2 wheels continues – this certainly will not be the end of it
Nokia released its major update todate for Symbian^3 powered N8 smartphone and although it still lacks behind iOS and Android, it was nonetheless a welcomed update
- The prospect of generating own clean power at home looks very tempting – only if the start-up cost is lower and backup with some kind of funding for houseowners
- Is it due to a failure to listen or a lack of understanding of the actual situation on ground in Somalia? We certainly paid a high price for it
- If lack of enforcement contributes to the high fatality on the road, the authorities should take some of the blame too
- Will ISA be repealed for good? In view of the elections, Najib seems to moving in the right path but stopped short by saying that it will be end of such oppressive laws
- The video “Undilah” makes a lot of people in power nervous – very nervous indeed
- Locally made Nasi Lemak 2.0 was good but was the personal attack on the Namewee was really warranted when reviewing the movie?
- RIP Steve Jobs– it was an end of an era
RIP Steve Jobs
- This was the month when I was away on a trip to the Oriental Paris – it was cold though
- I was quite annoyed with the way certain award winning “budget” airline handled flight delays – I am sure they could have done better
- The first write-up on what should be a series of posts on the trip to Oriental Paris
- More write-ups on pesky motorcyclists – ya, it does not end to the problem but the shortcomings should not be ignored as well
- The new and growing menace in the country – the Nigerians was on spotlight once again by fellow bloggers
- Closure for the year, we made the long overdue trip to Malacca and the A-Famosa fort – finally the mystery has been solved
- WordPress: The Best of 2011 and Future Predictions (e1evation.com)
How you will rate this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!