Got this quotable quotes in my Whatsapp this morning and given that I am not from India, I was curious on only one thing – who is this Sudha Kulkarni Murty (I found later that she is a Padma Shri Dr) and how or what made her to quote this?
By the way, the actual complete quote is this:-
“With my experience in life, I want to tell you that having good relationships, compassion and peace of mind is much more important than achievements, awards, degrees or money.”
Read these related posts:-
It is mentioned in her 2012 book titled “The Day I Stopped Drinking Milk” and the interesting part of this quote by her is on achievements, awards, degrees or money being less important when on the other hand, she is pretty loaded with achievements, awards, degrees or money and she has been very inspirational as it has not been a small feat for a woman to achieve what she had achieved.
Dr Sudha Murthy became the first female engineer hired at India’s largest auto manufacturer TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company. She has written and published many books, of which two are travelogues, two technical books, six novels and three educative books.
- Gold Medal from the Indian Institute of Engineers, India for having secured the 1st Rank in M.Tech. of all the branches of Engineering
- Gold Medal from the Chief Minister of Karnataka Sri Devaraj Urs, for securing the highest marks in B.E. of all the Universities of Engineering in Karnataka
- Cash award for having secured the highest marks in SSLC
- C S Desai Prize for standing first in University Exams of Karnataka
- Youth Service Department Prize from Government of Karnataka, for having been the outstanding engineering student of Karnataka
- 1995: Best Teacher Award in 1995 from the Rotary Club of Bengaluru
- National Award from Public Relation Society of India for outstanding Social Service to the Society
- ‘Attimabbe’ award for her technical book in Kannada (Shaale Makkaligagi Computer _ meaning computers for school children)
- Award for Excellent Social Service by Rotary South – Hubli
- 2000: ‘Karnataka Rajyotsava’ State Award for the year 2000, for achievement in the field of literature and social work
- 2001: ‘Ojaswini’ award for excellent social work for the year 2000
- ‘Millenium Mahila Shiromani’ award
- 2004 Raja-Lakshmi Award by Sri Raja-Lakshmi Foundation in Chennai
- 2006: She also received the R.K. Narayana’s Award for Literature.
- 2011: Murthy was conferred honorary LL.D (Doctor of Laws) degrees for their contributions to promote formal legal education and scholarship in India.
- 2013: Basava Shree-2013 Award was presented to Narayan Murthy & Sudha Murthy for their contributions to society at Basaveshwara Medical College auditorium. Basava Shree award comprises a plaque and a cheque of `5 lakh, Sudha Murthy handed over award money to an orphanage run by the mutt.
- 2018: Murthy received the Life Time Achievement Award at the Crossword-Raymond Book Awards.
- 2019: Sudha Murthy received “Hemmeya-Kannadiga” award from television.
- 2019: IIT Kanpur awarded her Honorary Degree (Honoris Causa) of Doctor of Science.
She has also received the Padma Shri Award from the Government of India as well as seven honorary doctorates from universities in India.
Murthy completed a B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the B.V.B. College of Engineering & Technology (now known as KLE Technological University), standing first in her class and receiving a gold medal from the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
Murthy completed M.E. in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Science, standing first in her class and receiving a gold medal from the Indian Institute of Engineers
It is not mentioned on how much her personal wealth is but it is rumoured that personal wealth is about USD109 million mostly from the royalty that she earns from the books she wrote and salary from Infosys Foundation. By the way, she is also married to N. R. Narayana Murthy and some of you may ask who is Mr N. R. Narayana Murthy?
Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy is an Indian IT industrialist and the co-founder of Infosys, a multinational corporation providing business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services. His personal wealth as at 2019 is USD2.5 billion. Murthy has also been honoured with the Padma Vibhushan and Padma Shri awards
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?